Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Sister, My Hero!

I have been on call for the moment Melisa and JP would call me and say it "was time." She called yesterday morning and said she had had contractions all night, but they were only 10 min apart. I told her not to get anxious and that hopefully by late (midnight) or early morning she would have a baby. I was sure it would be a long labor and she would probably need a C-section. You must know that the history in our family is not to have natural births, both my mom and I had C-sections for all of our kids and it seems to be a trend, but Melisa was determined to have this baby naturally! I finally got to the hospital early afternoon, she was dialated to 4 cm and by 3:00 she was complete and it was time to start pushing! I couldn't believe how fast she progressed and what a Rock Star she was!!! She handled it all in stride and was so glad she got the epidural, she didn't even break a sweat! By 4:40 in the afternoon, my little sister (my hero) did the most unbelieveable thing a mother can do and helped to deliver my sweet little neice Jayda Sarai into this world! My rock star sister tapped the bed twice because of pain, but never cried, never screamed and made it look so easy! I know that women deliver babies naturally everyday, but this was something I was never able to do myself and I couldn't believe how easy she made it look. There is something so innocent and fresh about watching a baby being born, I feel so lucky to have been allowed to capture the moment on camera and share it with her and my brother in law! Melisa, you are such a STRONG, woman, and you are going to make an unbelieveable mother! Congratulations to you and JP on this life changing event and on the beginning of your new family! Meet Jayda Sarai Perry- Born January 15th 2010.....4:40 pm......6 pounds 3 ounces.... 18 1/2 inches long! Enjoy the sneak peek of this wonderful day!



























2 comments:

  1. Kris,

    These pics are amazing and I love the story. Your sister rocks! Congrats on being an Auntie...it's truly a gift.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations JP and Miss! I'm so glad things went well.

    ReplyDelete