Wednesday, November 10, 2010

san diego wedding

I love weddings, I loved my own wedding and I love going to other people's weddings. As a photographer though, weddings make me nervous and anxious and they make me question my skills. Most of you that know me, know that I do not commit to wedding photography and have only done a couple of weddings in my short career as a photographer, but when my close friend Nicole asked me to photograph her AFTER the wedding, in a casual atmosphere, having fun, in the ocean, I couldn't resist saying yes! It made me nervous and anxious, I didn't sleep well the night before, the normal questions about lighting, etc, scared me to death, and I must admit there are photographers out there who do this a whole lot better than I do, but again, this session was all about what I love about photography, capturing the moments as they unfold, creating memories, and getting the true essence of a person through the lens!

Nicole has been my friend and colleague for about 6 years now. I met her at a job that her and I both worked at, she and her family instantly opened their arms to my family and have served as a second family to not only my husband and I, but also our children. Her husband, Travis, has also been a good friend to us and it was so exciting to get the chance to share this special day with them, in a beautiful place! My husband and children, along with myself, were blown away by the festivities of the week, and enjoyed the rare opportunity to meet all of their friends and family and get to know them more! Nicole and Travis had an amazing day on November 6th, 2010, a day that I was honored to be able to share with them! Nik and Travis, I love you both and wish you a lifetime of happiness and wonderful memories! Enjoy the sneak peek!



















Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment