Friday, March 23, 2012

beautiful girl

My daughter, Kyndal, had open heart surgery 5 weeks ago and since before surgery has been very worried about having a scar.  I never thought that it would impact a 4 year old so much to have a scar, but the first thing she asked me was how it would look with her swimsuit and with dresses.  It happens so young, self image and how girls feel about their bodies.  It tugged at my heart strings to think that she was worried about that at such a young age, so now that she is up and around and feeling better, I wanted to do some photos of her so that she could see just how beautiful she is despite the scar and to let her know that the scar is what makes her who she is and it is always her story to share and tell.  My little girl is so beautiful on the inside and out and these pictures bring a smile to my face whenever I look at them, especially after all we have been through in such a short amount of time.




No comments:

Post a Comment